LOSS OF THE SHIP
On June 12, 1891,
on a voyage from Dublin to Quebec with a cargo of timber,
she was abandoned at sea at 46° N, 40°W.
The crew of 17 left the ship in boats, and were picked up by the bark Gulnare.
On October 18, 1891, the barque Ardgowan sighted her at 45°N, 24°W.
She drifted 1,120 miles in 93 days, and was sighted 19 times
In 1939 a new freighter was named the Sea Serpent in her honor.
She served in World War II and was used until 1971.